Llangan Primary School was opened in 1911. It serves the villages of Llangan, Treoes, Ruthin, Pentre Meurig, St Mary Hill, Fferm Goch and Penllyn. The original building houses a Foundation Phase classroom, a staff room, the school library, a resource room and our dinner hall. The newer part of the main building provides a multi-purpose hall, two Foundation Phase classrooms, a music/pupil support room as well as children’s toilets and administration area. The school has a play yard and a playing field which accommodates a large playing area, a gardening area, games pitches and areas for ecological study. There are two demountable classrooms which house the KS2 children and a separate nurture classroom. The school has a car park for staff, parents and visitors.